Last updated: Jul 08, 2022 08:43:37 AM
Use the Tracking Programs page to manage the tracking programs for your site.
|Create Tracking Program||Allows you to create a tracking program. See Creating a tracking program for more information.|
Note: Merchandising Manager This user role allows the user to create and manage marketing offers, tracking programs, and storefront links. The role also allows the user to import and export offers and preview the store.
Choose one of the following options:
- Use the Search tool to find a tracking program. See How to use the Search tool for more information.
Use the search parameters on the Tracking Programs page to find a tracking program.
- Select Marketing, select Offers and Programs, and then click Managing Tracking Program. The Tracking Programs page appears.
- Complete the fields on the Search and Filters tab and then click Search . The results appear in the Tracking Programs list.
You must first create the tracking program ID when implementing a tracking program in your store. After you create a tracking program, you must use that tracking program ID—either in your store or in a link—to implement the tracking program.
The following list outlines the steps you should take to implement a tracking program in your store.
- Create a tracking program. See Creating a tracking program for instructions.
Create the link. After you create a tracking program, you must create the link that the program will track. When shoppers click the link, the system will track the sales and activity resulting from the link. This allows you to see how a tracking program performs and compares to others.
Best Practices: When you create the link, select the "hide" option to hide the offer ID and tracking program ID in the link. This ensures the link is "email friendly" and under 80 characters.
See Managing links for more information.
- Use the link. After you create a link, use the link behind a banner or button or include it in an email campaign. The system tracks the activity resulting from clicks of those links or buttons using the tracking program, and the results appear in a tracking program report.
© 2022 Digital River, Inc. Digital River® is a registered trademark of Digital River, Inc.